Here is a quick rundown of how our competition works:
- The competition runs during the school terms only. There are 2 competitions covering the 4 school terms. Once the season finishes, usually early December the season restarts in February of the following year when the school term recommences. Your team will automatically be entered into the next season unless you inform us of your team’s departure.
- All our matches are 36 minutes long. Matches are split into 4×9 minute quarters, with teams being given a minute break between each quarter.
- Matches will always take place on the same day at the same venue.
- We provide badged Umpires for each game at a cost of $20 per team per game.
- Our competition has a coordinator who attends matches every week. They are your point of contact, so if any problems occur, please speak to the coordinator.
- We understand not everyone can make matches each week, so teams are able to help out other teams when needed. This is to help prevent team forfeits and keep everyone playing as much netball as possible. If your team needs subs one week, they can post a message on the Team Manager’s WhatsApp Group or on the Facebook group to see who is available to help you out.
- Team Managers are invoiced directly for competition fees. The 2023 team registration fee for a team of up to 12 players is $1,150.00. This fee is paid to Northern Suburbs Netball Association and covers the cost of hire of courts and administration. Teams split their competition fee amongst their players, so payment is not left to one individual.
- All players playing in NSNA competitions must be members of Netball NSW. Capitation/Insurance for 12 months is payable per individual via a PlayHQ link from NSNA. The 2023 fee is $101. If you ARE already registered in an affiliated comp, when you register for our comp, you will not be charged.
- General: Please arrive at least 5-minutes before your game, short nails, and no jewellery.